The Technical Support Analyst provides technology infrastructure and application support to all Choice employees. Initial point of contact and first line technical support for corporate headquarters and remote sites in addressing/resolving questions concerning Information Technology issues. The Desktop Support Analyst will be required to respond to a large volume of calls in an interrupt-driven environment while also providing a high degree of user satisfaction. In addition to keeping accurate and detailed logs for all support tickets, resolving support tickets in a timely and professional manner, perform planned and approved maintenance tasks and maintain equipment inventory.
Help Desk Administration
- On a daily basis, support the user community. Help answer all trouble calls/emails and enters work orders in the help desk tracking system.
- Proactively provide services that meet or exceed customer expectations and service levels.
- Support corporate applications; internal local and remote corporate servers, user desktops, remote and traveling users, e-mail, and system access.
- Assist end users, I.T. staff, and vendors with resolution of Hardware and Software problems.
- Respond to production problems promptly and in a professional manner.
- Assist with the inventory management of software licenses, software, hardware, and other IT supplies.
- Assist with the purchase of software, hardware and other IT supplies.
- Promote responsible usage and care of corporate equipment.
Network and Corporate Systems
- Understand the issues involved with administering and maintaining corporate infrastructure, including hardware and software, network connectivity, Internet access, email, etc.
- Assist with the administration and maintenance of the telephone system, including telephone switches and deployment of phones.
- Create telephone, physical access control, Active Directory, and email accounts for users.
- Set up computers for new users and ensures delivery of equipment to users in different locations if necessary.
- Monitor computer and network systems using provided utilities. Interpret error and informational messages from monitoring software or applications program, and performs required actions.
- Assist with backup, archiving, and recovery of system and user data.
- Ensure security procedures are followed while completing assignments on all servers, applications, data, hardware, software, file systems, e-mail, internet access, phone systems, voice-mail, and the network.
- Ensure functionality of imperative equipment including but not limited to desk phones, mobile devices, desktops, printers, servers, Active Directory and Exchange environments.
- Answer internal calls from users regarding IT issues and responds to their needs as they arise.
- Communicate with internal clients in a timely and professional manner maintaining confidentiality.
- Actively communicate status of systems and current problems to IT staff, departments, management, and system users when required.
- Actively applies feedback received to day-to-day work and strives to improve performance.
- Escalate outstanding or unresolved issues to team members or manager.
- Display a helpful attitude towards all employees.
- Demonstrate flexibility in day-to-day work.
- Respond in a positive manner to tasks assigned by IT team members.
- Accurately completes and submits status reports in a timely manner.
- Document events including all system changes, user issues, and system errors. Complete all entries in the event tracking and call logs.
- Maintain Help Desk procedure and IT systems documentation to remain current.
- Occasional travel required for scheduled facility site visits, site surveys and moves/adds/changes.
- Comply with all Choice corporate policies and procedures.
- Computer certificate from training institute or Bachelors (B.A. or B.S.) degree in Information Technology or related field.
- Experience supporting a corporate network and systems.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited information may be available and limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral formats.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft suite of products, Office, Exchange, Active Directory, and networking infrastructure.