The FP&A Director will be a key financial partner for the VP of Finance of Choice Logistics. The Director will be responsible for leading all financial planning and analysis processes, gross profits analytics, liaising with Operations and Sales support functions and leaders, and provide broad decision support analytics to assist business leaders and facilitate discussion related to business and financial strategy. The role will be responsible for developing and driving proactive collaboration between the core Choice Finance teams (FP&A, Operational Finance, and Corporate Accounting) and cross functional teams (Sales, Operations, IT).
This is a highly visible role that includes frequent interaction with senior management and other key internal stakeholders. The FP&A Director will have significant experience in establishing strong business and financial planning processes, budgeting, strategic framework, managing reporting and driving critical financial decisions. The successful candidate will have the ability to execute in a fast-paced environment and effectively interact and influence across a global business organization structure and closely liaison with finance and business teams.
- Manage FP&A team and key deliverables
- Lead annual budget and forecasting process
- Assess economic and business drivers and their corresponding impact on Choice’s financials
- Partner with sales, client services, and operations teams to develop annual revenue and gross profit forecast and quarterly re-forecasting analysis
- Manage the budget and forecast calendar, coordinating with key stakeholders
- Actively seek opportunities to improve tools and process
- Oversee and analyze monthly budget to actual results
- Oversee monthly in-depth financial analysis to support fluctuations and trends related to revenue and gross profit
- Prepare succinct and clear executive presentations that simplify complex topics, often with time sensitive deliverables
- Become on expert on Choice’s financial drivers
- Lead and execute financial analysis related to business development and sales opportunities
- Support business development activities related to Choice’s global vendor partner network with a focus on driving profitability and business efficiency
- Provide strategic analysis related to client pricing in support of sales opportunities
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance
- 10-15 years of relevant experience leading corporate FP&A functions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic and rapidly changing business environment
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required
- Experience presenting complex materials in a succinct manner to senior executives to drive effective decision making
- Strong project management skills and demonstrated ability to lead complex cross-functional initiatives across a breadth of stakeholders
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor as well as experience resolving complex business problems with well-structured analytics
- Proven ability to manage and develop staff.