The Trade Compliance Analyst provides tactical support to the Global Trade Solutions (GTS) Team and GTS clients to on behalf of trade operations to maintain compliance. Responsible to work with GTS Team on a live order and project basis with regard to shipments of overseas imports and exports in APAC, EMEA, and LATAM.
- Receive live order escalations and respond in a timely manner.
- Maintain shipment status trackers of pending license approvals and/or other clearance delays.
- Coordinate AES training, filings and account maintenance with internal Choice Team. Perform periodic audit of filings for accuracy.
- Assist with SOP development, process troubleshooting.
- Troubleshoot import clearance and/or export delays, work with internal and external stakeholders to resolve live order issues with the goal of clearing Customs in a timely manner.
- Support inquiries regarding HS classification/ECCN assignment, duty rates, documentation and licensing requirements to ensure timely import/export clearance.
- Analyze transactions in the areas of country of origin, marking, product valuation, and Incoterm usage etc.
- Provide guidance on Commercial Invoice content, AWB’s and other required Customs documentation.
- Assist in maintaining system of global trade product content and documentation.
- Oversee Choice system maintenances as related to global trade controls.
- Assist in projects (i.e. country specific regulations, VAT reporting/reclamation report preparation).
- Perform any additional projects or tasks as assigned.
- 1-2 years of experience in import-export operations/traffic
- Minimum of Associate’s Degree or related coursework or relevant experience
- General Import/Export transaction / operational experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and cross cultural sensitivity to effectively guide clients through customs and compliance requirements
- Working knowledge of AES filing.
- Well organized and able to manage multiple concurrent tasks.
- Analytical Skills related to International Trade – Auditing and reporting functions.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite – Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio preferred
- Experience in the electronics, medical, technology industries
- Bilingual a plus