The GTS Analyst provides tactical support to the GTS Team and GTS clients on behalf of trade operations to maintain compliance. Responsible to work with GTS Team on a live order and project basis with regard to shipments of overseas imports and exports in APAC, EMEA, and LATAM.
- Receive live order escalations and respond in a timely manner.
- Maintain shipment status trackers of pending license approvals and/or other clearance delays.
- Coordinate AES training, filings and account maintenance with internal Choice Team. Perform periodic audit of filings for accuracy.
- Assist with SOP development, process troubleshooting.
- Troubleshoot import clearance and/or export delays, work with internal and external stakeholders to resolve live order issues with the goal of clearing Customs in a timely manner.
- Support inquiries regarding HS classification/ECCN assignment, duty rates, documentation and licensing requirements to ensure timely import/export clearance.
- Analyze transactions in the areas of country of origin, marking, product valuation, and Incoterm usage etc.
- Provide guidance on Commercial Invoice content, AWB’s and other required Customs documentation.
- Assist in maintaining system of global trade product content and documentation.
- Oversee Choice system maintenance as related to global trade controls.
- Assist in projects (i.e. country specific regulations, VAT reporting/reclamation report preparation).
- Perform any additional projects or tasks as assigned.
- 2 – 4 years of experience in import-export operations/traffic
- Minimum of Associate’s Degree or related coursework or relevant experience.
- General Import/Export transaction / operational experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and cross cultural sensitivity to effectively guide clients through customs and compliance requirements.
- Working knowledge of AES filing.
- Well organized and able to manage multiple concurrent tasks.
- Analytical Skills related to International Trade – Auditing and reporting functions.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite – Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio preferred
- Experience in the electronics, medical, technology industries
- Bilingual a plus