Develops new technology-enabled products/software applications and defines system enhancements by conducting market research and analysis with clients and business partners; generating product requirements; determining specifications, production timetables, pricing, and time-integrated plans for product introduction. This role reports to the VP of Technology.
- Determines customer and business needs by working closely with each to identify opportunities for technology changes or enhancements.
- Reviews the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements:
- Assesses market and competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products and other commercial offerings.
- Analyzes proposed product requirements and product development by appraising new product ideas and/or existing product/system enhancements using return-on-investment analysis.
- Brings new products/applications to market by establishing time schedules with development and infrastructure.
- Supports Business Development effort and Client Service group with product expertise discussions and reviews.
- Specific focus on Electronic Data Integration (EDI) product suite
- Includes traditional EDI as well as Application Programing Interfaces (APIs) – and hybrid models.
- Includes integrations between Choice and our Clients, our Vendor Network and Warehouse Locations, as well as miscellaneous 3rd Party Providers.
- Focus crosses the full lifecycle of EDI trading partnerships – from onboarding of new relationships through maturity.
- Analyzes business/system workflows to identify application, product and process to ensure efficiencies between business partners to address with application changes.
- Creates detailed requirements and development specifications for use by both Choice and the trading partner to confirm alignment prior to execution on both side
- Product management, people management, and understanding customer/user needs.
- Product/software development, requirements/gap analysis, and road mapping
- Best practice for system integrations including service-based architecture
- Competitive analysis, resource planning, pricing, and strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years product management experience.
- Working knowledge of industry standard EDI messaging:
- XML, JSON message formats
- X12 message standards
- Experience with the following is preferred but not required:
- Supply chain, transportation management
- Warehouse and inventory management
- Third party logistics and related software applications