Develops new technology enabled products/software applications and defines system enhancements by conducting market research and analysis with clients and business partners; generating product requirements; determining specifications, production timetables, pricing, and time-integrated plans for product introduction. This remote role reports to the Director of Product Management within the Technology department.
- Determines customer and business needs by working closely with each to identify opportunities for technology changes or enhancements.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements, appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Assesses market and competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products and other commercial offerings.
- Brings new products/applications to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with development and infrastructure.
- Analyzes current business system workflows to identify application, product and process inefficiencies, working with software development teams and business partners to address with application changes.
- Supports Business Development effort and Client Service group with product expertise discussions and reviews.
- Product management, people management, and understanding customer/user needs.
- Product/software development, requirements/gap analysis, and road mapping.
- Ability to work collaboratively across internal and external teams.
- Strong technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years product experience.
- SQL Server
- Relational databases
- Experience with the following is preferred but not required:
- Supply chain, transportation management
- Warehouse and inventory management
- Third party logistics and related software applications
- Integrations such as API, EDI