The Technical Product Manager oversees the scope, requirements, and development process for enhancements to the Choice proprietary products/software applications. This role will be focused on the financial systems to define system enhancements and expansions by conducting process review and analysis with financial and technical resources; generating product requirements; determining specifications, production timetables, and time-integrated plans for product introduction. This role reports to the VP of Technology.
- Determines business needs by working closely with Process SMEs to identify opportunities for technology changes or enhancements.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Assesses current best practices by comparing the company’s product to 3rd Party providers and other commercial offerings.
- Analyzes current business system workflows to identify application, product, and process inefficiencies, working with software development teams and business partners to address with application changes.
- Creates and maintains a project listing for enhancements desired and/or planned as well as the roadmap to execute against the list
- Ensures each project is clearly defined with individual scope and detailed specifications for making changes has been issued, reviewed, and agreed upon prior to starting development.
- Supports Business Development effort and Client Service group to performs any needed gap analysis between current capabilities and proposed new business relationships and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years technical product management experience – with experience in financial or accounting system functions.
- Experience with the following is preferred but not required:
- Supply chain, transportation management
- Warehouse and inventory management
- Third party logistics and related software applications
- Product management, people management, and understanding customer/user needs.
- Overall experience performing needs analysis, business planning, and strategy.
- Product/software development, requirements/gap analysis, and road mapping.
- Ability to both read and write documentation of technical requirements and specifications.
- Understanding of common financial procedures and accounting practices.