Provides technology infrastructure and application support to all Choice employees. Initial point of contact and first line technical support for corporate headquarters and remote sites in addressing/resolving questions concerning Information Technology issues. Required to respond to a large volume of calls in an interrupt-driven environment while also providing a high degree of user satisfaction. Keep accurate and detailed logs for all support tickets. Resolve support tickets in a timely and professional manner. Perform planned and approved maintenance tasks. Maintain equipment inventory.
Help Desk Administration
- On a daily basis, support the user community. Help answer all trouble calls/emails and enters work orders in the help desk tracking system.
- Proactively provide services that meet or exceed customer expectations and service levels.
- Support corporate applications; internal local and remote corporate servers, user desktops, remote and traveling users, e-mail, and system access.
- Assist end users, I.T. staff, and vendors with resolution of Hardware and Software problems.
- Respond to production problems promptly and in a professional manner.
- Assist with the inventory management of software licenses, software, hardware, and other IT supplies.
- Assist with the purchase of software, hardware and other IT supplies.
- Promote responsible usage and care of corporate equipment.
Network and Corporate Systems
- Understand the issues involved with administering and maintaining corporate infrastructure, including hardware and software, network connectivity, Internet access, email, etc.
- Assist with the administration and maintenance of the telephone system, including telephone switches and deployment of phones.
- Create telephone, physical access control, Active Directory, and email accounts for users.
- Set up computers for new users and ensures delivery of equipment to users in different locations if necessary.
- Monitor computer and network systems using provided utilities. Interpret error and informational messages from monitoring software or applications program, and performs required actions.
- Assist with backup, archiving, and recovery of system and user data.
- Ensure security procedures are followed while completing assignments on all servers, applications, data, hardware, software, file systems, e-mail, internet access, phone systems, voice-mail, and the network.
- Ensure functionality of imperative equipment including but not limited to desk phones, mobile devices, desktops, printers, servers, Active Directory and Exchange environments.
- Answer internal calls from users regarding IT issues and responds to their needs as they arise.
- Communicate with internal clients in a timely and professional manner maintaining confidentiality.
- Actively communicate status of systems and current problems to IT staff, departments, management, and system users when required.
- Actively applies feedback received to day-to-day work and strives to improve performance.
- Escalate outstanding or unresolved issues to team members or manager.
- Display a helpful attitude towards all employees.
- Demonstrate flexibility in day-to-day work.
- Respond in a positive manner to tasks assigned by IT team members.
- Accurately completes and submits status reports in a timely manner.
- Document events including all system changes, user issues, and system errors. Complete all entries in the event tracking and call logs.
- Maintain Help Desk procedure and IT systems documentation to remain current.
- Occasional travel required for scheduled facility site visits, site surveys and moves/adds/changes.
- Comply with all Choice corporate policies and procedures.
- Computer certificate from training institute or Bachelors (B.A. or B.S.) degree in Information Technology or related field.
- Experience supporting a corporate network and systems.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited information may be available and limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral formats.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft suite of products, Office, Exchange, Active Directory, and networking infrastructure.