The VP, Client Services will act as a results driven, execution focused leader tasked with implementing, retaining and continuously improving tailored, global, integrated solutions. The successful candidate will have a strong operational and commercial acumen responsible for leading a team spread throughout the Americas, providing daily oversight and direction to Directors responsible for high levels of client engagement, satisfaction, retention and organic growth.
- Lead the Client Services function to ensure the growth of existing accounts as well as supporting pre-sales efforts for new logos as required. Given this need, a successful candidate will also have an operational background to ensure the implementation and customer service piece of the business remains strong and profitable.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures
- Represent the complete spectrum of Choice Logistics’ Services, infrastructure, processes and policies to clients
- Identify, progress and contribute in closing strategic opportunities in conjunction with the sales team as necessary
- Experience overseeing the hiring, management and retention of key Client Services personnel
- Develop existing talent while continuing to recruit and attract high performing Client Services executives with the appropriate skillset and background to succeed
- Customer care is a key component of this role and the successful candidate should have demonstratable experience in this category
- Provide consultative solutions to address client objectives
- The successful candidate will promote teamwork by influencing peers and other departments to coordinate goals and communicate effectively to ensure alignment.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Masters Preferred
- 10+ Years of Leadership Experience (Region, Product, Team, etc.)
- 7+ Years of Client Facing Experience ideally management of Client Services teams, preferably in the transportation or logistics industry.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Advanced working knowledge of Logistics and/or Supply Chain Management
- Experience with CRM Tools
- Ability to travel upwards of 50%+ of the time
- Proven experience in developing high performing teams.
- Leadership and team building skills; ability to motivate and coach.
- Solid planning and organizational skills – must be comfortable in management and budget meetings (financial acumen) and have strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Experience in strategic planning, execution, and developing qualitative and quantitative business cases for existing clients.
- Experience in preparing pro-forma financial analysis of opportunities for the purpose of evaluating business.
- Ability to facilitate group meetings as well as the ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Forward thinking, self-motivating and highly adaptive leader who integrates strategy, performance and risk management with initiatives aimed at achieving significant financial improvements.
- Constantly looks at things with a visionary eye and offers creative suggestions and solutions; is energized by challenges and welcomes change.
- Develops and ensures utilization of tools and resources which generate and qualify business leads supporting the company’s growth objectives
- Strong communicator and relationship builder at all levels with the ability to work effectively across functions.
- Possess the proven ability to influence and persuade.
- Adept at navigating through complex and demanding situations while acting with integrity.