The Vice President, APAC will act as a result-driven, execution-focused leader tasked with driving company strategic initiatives and leading all transportation and distribution activities globally. The successful candidate will have a strong operational and commercial acumen responsible for leading a team spread throughout the globe, providing daily oversight and direction to regional Vice Presidents responsible for vendor partner relationships inclusive of performance management, vendor contract negotiation, and day-to-day operational compliance around all order, inventory and transportation management activities. The successful candidate will promote teamwork by influencing peers and other departments to coordinate goals and communicate effectively to ensure alignment.
- Responsible for total oversight and management of all global operational functions including global order management, inventory management, transportation management and vendor partnerships.
- Deliver material operational efficiencies and improvements to overall client satisfaction
- Establish a consistent, global standard for internal operational processes and external management of our partner network.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
- Create an environment of accountability and engagement for individual and team performance through analyzing and communicating metrics and identifying opportunities for improvement and solutions.
- Develop existing talent while continuing to recruit and attract high-performing operational executives with the appropriate skillset and background to succeed
- Provide guidance and oversight regarding contract negotiations and execution when onboarding new vendors
- Lead continuous process improvement activities to guarantee performance to Choice Logistics’ standards and procedures and ensure all operational goals are achieved
- Drive cost efficiencies within vendor selection with an eye toward company profitability
- Review Key performance indicators on a day-to-day basis to maintain control over operations
- Support and collaborate with other members of management to represent the complete spectrum of Choice Logistics’ Services, infrastructure, processes, and policies to clients.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of leadership/management experience in Logistics or Courier operations
- Proven experience in developing high performing teams; leadership and team building skills; ability to motivate and coach.
- Solid planning and organizational skills – must be comfortable in management and budget meetings (financial acumen) and have strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Experience in strategic planning, execution, and developing qualitative and quantitative business cases for existing vendors/clients
- Experience in preparing pro-forma financial analysis of opportunities for the purpose of evaluating business.
- Adept at navigating through complex and demanding situations while acting with integrity.
- Ability to operate effectively in an ambiguous business environment.
- Ability to facilitate group meetings as well as the ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Forward thinking, self-motivating and highly adaptive leader who integrates strategy, performance and risk management with initiatives aimed at achieving significant financial improvements.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel 50% of the time.