The Associate Corporate Counsel will handle a broad spectrum of legal matters as needed by the Company. This role will be generally responsible for negotiation and preparation of a wide variety of complex commercial contracts, with a heavy emphasis in the areas of on-going provision of warehousing, distribution, and global trade services. The Associate Corporate Counsel will work at the direction of the head of the Legal Department and will work together with other members of the Legal Department to efficiently and effectively execute on departmental priorities.
- Prepare, negotiate, review, and/or draft confidentiality agreements, client master service agreements, sales agreements, vendor warehousing and distribution contracts, and other documents as needed.
- Assist in organizing and managing new vendor procurement efforts.
- Advise internal clients on contract terms and assist in dispute resolution.
- Assist in management of subsidiary business units.
- Establish a good relationship with internal clients and top management.
- Assist in organizing and managing due diligence and administration of insurance portfolio inclusive of claims process and annual renewal.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the businesses by taking part in relevant meetings and by building and maintaining long-term relationships in a proactive way.
- Assist the head of Legal Department in management of litigation and retention and management of outside counsel.
- Must have J.D. from an accredited law school.
- Bar membership in at least one state.
- Excellent academic credentials
- Three (3) to five (5) years of related experience, with emphasis on commercial contracts.
- Broad experience advising clients in the manufacturing or services sector or in-house experience with an international logistics company preferred.
- Ability to communicate legal concepts in business terms.
- Self-starting personality; ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously; ability to work independently and coordinate cross-functionally in an extremely fast paced environment and get things done.
- Ability and inclination to roll up sleeves and dig in.
- Solid “hands on” experience drafting contracts and other legal documents.
- Willingness to tackle issues in new areas.
- Excellent analytical skills and comfort working through ambiguity.
- Organized with a high orientation to details.
- Very strong drive, dedication and work ethic.
- Highest level of integrity.