The Billing Analyst is responsible for managing billing/AR and AP activities related to the movement of physical inventory. The Billing Analyst will partner closely with internal teams, such as Client Services, Corporate Accounting, Field Services, and FP&A to ensure all billing processes and procedures are completely timely and accurately. The Billing Analyst will also engage closely with clients and vendors to address needs and issues as applicable.
- Oversee the weekly billing activities, which involves preparing and reviewing weekly transactional data for accuracy.
- Manage regional data entries and uploads into the company’s billing system.
- Engage with Corporate Accounting to prepare and distribute invoices to clients as needed, as well as assist in resolving client invoice inquires and escalations.
- Maintain regional documentation of procedures, deadlines, and other client preferences related to billing.
- Ensure client e-billing issues are identified and resolved promptly.
- Monitor and validate incoming vendor invoices and associated supporting documentation against system data and contractual terms.
- Control the transmission of vendor invoices to Accounts Payable for upload and disbursement, as well as review applied coding for accuracy per internal guidelines.
- Collect and audit vendor statements on a regular basis to ensure internal compliance and controls.
- Work directly with Field Services to resolve vendor issues and escalations timely and appropriately.
- Maintain consistent and regular communication with billing stakeholders related to aged balances, both billed and unbilled
- Respond to information requests from clients, vendors, and finance team members related to inventory levels, time and cost entries, billing reconciliations, outstanding receivables and cash receipts
- Other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2 years’ in a high volume billing related role
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and effective communication skills
- Experience with MS Great Plains a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Excel, including advanced features (pivot tables, filters, lookups, macros, etc.)
- Self-directed with a strong work ethic; capable of working independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to occasionally work outside of established business hours and adjust personal schedule to meet deadlines is required